VIII. Diversify and Grow the Financial Base of the College.
- Continue to maintain a budget model that results in annual operating surpluses and is based
on fiscally sound resource allocation and investment practices.
- Implement a budget development process that encourages and rewards growth in revenue and
savings in operations.
- Develop and implement a business plan and operating strategy for graduate and adult programs
that will increase enrollment and net income.
- Broaden the enrollment base, building on established successes: summer pre-college programs,
winter/summer intersession courses, internships, and international programs.
- Continue to broaden fund-raising initiatives among alumni, trustees, corporations, foundations,
and individual donors to increase the endowment for scholarships, endowed chairs, and
academic programs, as well as designated support for capital initiatives.
- Pursue more grants based on faculty strengths and interests, and offer greater financial rewards
for grant-winning faculty and their individual schools.
- Provide content and delivery systems as well as hosting services to colleges, universities, and
other organizations to increase revenue streams and reputation.
- Develop appropriate offerings to respond to students who graduate in fewer than four years,
such as combined undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Capture savings as a result of increased operational efficiencies across all areas of the College.