Student Activities & Organizations
The Office of Student Activities is the dynamic center of co-curricular life on campus. We are a student-centered department and are committed to creating a seamless Marist experience - we believe that both in and outside the classroom, learning and personal growth should be continuous during your entire time here.
Through our programs and personal interactions, we collaborate with students, faculty and staff members to provide diverse and balanced intellectual, cultural and social programs. We aim for these programs to encourage student learning and development, awareness and responsible living, and enhance the mission of the college.
We are located on the third floor of the newly renovated Student Center, along with the 300-seat Nelly Goletti Theatre, multi-purpose meeting rooms, and the Health and Wellness Center. The Student Center is also home to the Cabaret, Student Lounge, and Student Government Association. The new academic building houses the Music Department, Fusco Recital Hall, Symphonic Hall, Ensemble Rooms, and more! If you would like to reserve a room in the Student Center or academic building, please complete the Student Activities Room Request Form and the Tech Request & Room Setup Form with your room needs.
You can learn a lot about us by looking over this website but it won't replace meeting in person. Please drop by our office with your questions or ideas. We'd like to get to know you!
So why should you get involved?
- Meet new people
- Develop your leadership skills
- Make a difference on and off campus
- Network and build your resume
- HAVE FUN!
And here's what's available to you:
- You've just got to attend the Activities Fair! On the first Friday of the fall semester and the second Wednesday of the spring semester, all clubs and organizations will be looking for you! Check out the newsletter to learn how you can prepare for the Activities Fair and get some tips on the priority point system.
- Great Programming (cosponsored with the Student programming Council and various student groups): for example, our concerts have included Big Sean, Goo Goo Dolls, and Jason Derulo. We've also had speakers like Maya Angelou, Elie Wiesel, America's Most Wanted John Walsh, and Rwanda hero Paul Rusesabagina.
- Student Activities:
- Student Center
- Around Town
- Off-Campus Trips
- Dutchess County Public Transit
- Off Campus Shuttles/Shopping Shuttle
- Resident Select On Demand Movie Program
- Senior Week/River Festival/Spring 2016 Activities Calendar/Important Info
- Reynard Yearbook/Senior Portraits
- Red Fox Enrichment (RFE) Programs
- Commuter Lounge
- Nelly Goletti Theatre
- Zip Cars