Commuter Programs & Resources
Commuter Connection (Designed for New Students)
- Connect with Marist to learn about opportunities, resources, & traditions that will help you be a successful student.
- Connect with "veteran" students, faculty, & staff, who will serve as mentors and guides.
- Connect with resident students over dinner in the Dining Hall or in one of our first year residence halls.
- Connect with 10-15 other commuter students to share your experiences together.
Based on the success of the students in the program last year, you may be joined by "veterans" who are student-athletes, Marist Singers, club leaders, and Dean's List achievers! You will receive an application with additional information from First Year Programs & Leadership Development in early August. For more information, contact FirstYearPrograms@Marist.edu.
Pizza Tables & Coffee Conversations
Join your friends in the Commuter Lounge every week to discuss current events, your favorite places in the Hudson Valley, stress relievers, politics, interesting classes, your beliefs, your favorite memories, and much more! Both Pizza Tables and Coffee Conversations meet on a weekly basis at a set time, so all you need to do is show up whenever your schedule permits and participate by sharing and/or listening.
Stop by the Commuter Lounge on almost any Wednesday during Activity Hour-around 12:15-for fun and informative programs, games, speakers, and more! (You'll find programs at other times, too. Just check your Foxmail or look for flyers in the Lounge.)
Past Programs Included:
- Cram the fun game of how college students use or don't use various parts of their brains
- Automobile Fuel Efficiency
- Making the Most of Your Time at College
- Making the Most of Your Class Schedule
- Holiday Socials: Winter, Valentine's Day, Easter, and more!
- Commuter Week
- The Loop Bus Schedule
AAA Taxicab Svc. 473-7600 Anthony's Taxi 485-8580 Del-Roy Taxi 452-1222 Dutchess Express 471-1931 The Cab Company 471-1300 Yellow Cab 471-1100
- Metro North Railroad
- Off-Campus Housing Listing
- City of Poughkeepsie Resources
- Dutchess Campus / Community Coalition (DCCC)
Worried about the weather? Call the Severe Weather Hotline at (845) 575-5500 to make sure Marist is still open.