Digital Movie Making
If you love movies and videos, then Marist College's Summer Institute in Digital Movie Making is a great place to take your cinematic passion and skills to the next level. This pre-college program is for students of all experience levels who possess a strong interest in telling stories for the screen. If you love to make your own short videos with friends, why not learn how production works on a more serious and professional level? Discover which parts of the process you love most, and learn to work with peers and experienced faculty and staff on a short, high-quality narrative project that you can then add to your digital portfolio - all while earning transferable college credit and experiencing campus life in the beautiful Hudson Valley at one of the Northeast's premiere liberal arts colleges.
- Learn the craft of storytelling through screenwriting and script development.
- Learn how creative decisions are made by directors, cinematographers, and other key personnel during short movie production.
- Acquire and sharpen technical skills with high definition video production equipment.
- Build confidence in your ability to work collaboratively with your peers in an intensive production environment.
- Gain an understanding of key aesthetic principles in visual storytelling.
- Learn nonlinear digital video and sound editing on industry-standard editing systems.
- Discover your personal talents and interests as they relate to the cinematic arts.
The 2015 Summer Pre-College dates are still being finalized. The 2014 Summer Pre-College Programs took place July 13th-July 26th.
Come immerse yourself in the exciting and challenging field of video production at the Digital Movie Making Institute and put your passion for movies into action.
Course Credit: Upon successful completion of the Summer Digital Movie Making Institute, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course Introduction to Digital Movie Making.
|Message From Director||Daily Schedule|
Check out last year's final project, "Dead Air"
2012 - "Spitballing" (YouTube)
2011 - "Jack of Hearts" (YouTube)