Digital Movie Making
Offered Session 2: July 12 - July 25th, 2015
If you love movies and videos, then Marist College's Summer Institute in Digital Movie Making is a great place to take your cinematic passion and skills to the next level. This pre-college program is for students of all experience levels who possess a strong interest in telling stories for the screen. If you love to make your own short videos with friends, why not learn how production works on a more serious and professional level? Discover which parts of the process you love most, and learn to work with peers and experienced faculty and staff on a short, high-quality narrative project that you can then add to your digital portfolio - all while earning transferable college credit and experiencing campus life in the beautiful Hudson Valley at one of the Northeast's premiere liberal arts colleges.
- Learn the craft of storytelling through screenwriting and script development.
- Learn how creative decisions are made by directors, cinematographers, and other key personnel during short movie production.
- Acquire and sharpen technical skills with high definition video production equipment.
- Build confidence in your ability to work collaboratively with your peers in an intensive production environment.
- Gain an understanding of key aesthetic principles in visual storytelling.
- Learn nonlinear digital video and sound editing on industry-standard editing systems.
- Discover your personal talents and interests as they relate to the cinematic arts.
Come immerse yourself in the exciting and challenging field of video production at the Digital Movie Making Institute and put your passion for movies into action.
Course Credit: Upon successful completion of the Summer Digital Movie Making Institute, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course Introduction to Digital Movie Making.
|Message From Director||Daily Schedule|
Check out last year's final project, "Roomie":
Watch the Behind the Scenes:
2013 - "Dead Air" (YouTube)
2012 - "Spitballing" (YouTube)
2011 - "Jack of Hearts" (YouTube)