Spanish for the 21st Century
Do you want to improve your Spanish and prepare yourself for today's global and wired workplace? Are you interested in exploring career opportunities and cultures related to the Spanish speaking world? Do you want to learn how to tap into the resources in the Spanish-speaking community around you and around the world? If so, the attend Marist's Spanish Summer Institute which affords talented students a 2-week credit-bearing program at the intermediate level. The program's theme, Spanish for the 21st Century, sets out to allow learners of the language to:
- Develop speaking and writing skills in Spanish
- Improve vocabulary for a variety of disciplines
- Learn about and interact with the Spanish-speaking world online
- Acquire essential skills for the global economy
- Explore career opportunities for the bilingual
- Visit businesses, museums and historic sites throughout the Hudson Valley and New York City
Upon successful completion of the Summer Spanish Institute, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course Span281: Spanish Conversation and Culture.
The 2014 Summer Pre-College Programs will take place July 13th-July 26th.