Marist Online Tutorials
Online Tutorials are not available over the summer. See you in August!
All online appointments are conducted synchronously (live!) via Google Drive and the telephone. (Use your telephone on speaker phone so your hands are free to type on your keyboard).
See instructions below:
- Send your essay, and the assignment (if available), as an email attachment in WORD format to online tutorials.
Use the heading online tutorial in the Subject Line. In the message, please include 1) your name, 2) the course Name and designation Ex. College Writing I, ENG 116, 3) the professor's name, 4) your telephone number, and 5) the day(s) and time(s) you are available for an online appointment.
For Spanish Tutorials, contact Elizabeth.Donoghue1@marist.edu. She is available on Mondays and Wednesdays before 5 pm.
Online tutors are available in one-hour sessions during the time frames listed below:
- Within 24 hours (excluding weekends), we will contact you via email to inform you of your appointment day and time or to negotiate a different day and time with you.
- Once an appointment day and time are set, we will upload your document in Google Drive.
- By email, we will send you a Google Drive Internet link that contains your document and does NOT require a Google Account sign-in. Your tutor will call you at the time of your appointment. Please be ready a few minutes early.
- Both you and your tutor will see the same document and any changes made to the document, either by you or by your tutor.
- To save your document on your computer in the original format (RTF, Text, or Word), under File click on "Download As"; select the format you want. Then "Open" or "Save."
Its that simple!