Marist Online Tutorials
All online appointments are conducted synchronously (live!) with a tutor via Google Drive and the telephone. (Use your telephone on speaker phone so your hands are free to type on your keyboard).
Online tutorials are available in one-hour slots during the time frames listed below:
Send your essay, and the assignment (if available), as an email attachment in WORD format to:
- online tutorials for a tutorial on Friday from 10 am to 2 pm.
- online tutorials for a tutorial on Monday 12 - 2:00 pm, Tuesday 12 -4 :00 pm, or Thursday 12 - 2 pm
Use the heading online tutorial in the Subject Line. In the message, please include 1) your name, 2) the course Name and designation Ex. Writing for College ENG 120, 3) the professor's name, 4) your telephone number, and 5) the day(s) and time(s) you are available for an online appointment.
- Please give us at least an hour of lead time.
- We will contact you via email to inform you of your appointment day and time or to negotiate a different day and time with you.
- Once an appointment day and time are set, we will upload your document in Google Drive.
- By email, we will send you a Google Drive Internet link that contains your document and does NOT require a Google Account sign-in. Your tutor will call you at the time of your appointment. Please be ready a few minutes early.
- Both you and your tutor will see the same document and any changes made to the document, either by you or by your tutor.
- To save your document on your computer in the original format (RTF, Text, or Word), under File click on "Download As"; select the format you want. Then "Open" or "Save."
It's that simple!