The Bridge Program offers high school seniors the opportunity to complete a full year of college work while simultaneously fulfilling high school graduation requirements.
The Academic Program
- Bridge students take one course, which has been approved for Marist credit, at the high school. They may also need to take a physical education course at the high school to meet graduation requirements.
- Bridge students then come to the Marist campus to complete their academic program with other Marist students.
- Bridge students will be allowed to take up to 15 credits plus one laboratory course each semester. This includes the course at the high school.
Fees Payable to Marist College
- Application fee: $50 (Waived if student continues at Marist after Bridge year.)
- Registration fee: $30 per semester
- Tuition: *One half of the Marist tuition
*Marist College will offer a scholarship equivalent to 10% of the annual Bridge year tuition to students who are in the top fifth of their high school class.
*Bridge students are not eligible for any form of financial aid.
- The Director of the Bridge Program is the academic advisor to the Bridge students. She will assist Bridge students in selecting their academic programs in accordance with the students' needs and interests.
- Bridge students enjoy full Marist College library and computing privileges.
- Bridge students will receive Marist College ID cards and campus parking permits at the Bridge Orientation in late August. They will be entitled to use all student services and attend all college events open to Marist students.
Procedure for Applying to the Bridge Program
- Complete a Marist College application form, available in the high school guidance office, and RETURN IT TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE. DO NOT SEND THE FORM TO MARIST. THE DEADLINE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS IS MAY 13th.
- Upon acceptance, the student will be required to pay a $50 deposit, which will be applied to subsequent tuition fees.
Admission to the Bridge Program
- High school juniors who are judged by their high school and the Marist College admission committee to have the necessary qualifications to complete the Bridge Program successfully are eligible for admission. Academic competence and maturity are among the factors that will be considered.
Registration for Courses
- Registration for fall courses occurs after the administrative processing of applications and deposits.
- Accepted Bridge students will be contacted in mid to late June to meet with the Director. At that time, individualized schedules will be created.
- Parents are enthusiastically welcome at this meeting.
- Verification of two measles, mumps and rubella inoculations must be presented at this meeting in order to complete the registration process.
- Registration for spring classes follows the same procedure.