Honors Program Events
Past Honors Program Events
- Food with Faculty: February 21st Dr. Kevin Lerner to present "Conspiracies, Hoaxes, and Fake News: Rebuilding Trust in American Journalism"
- Honors Research Forum: February 20th "Sandman: the Making of a Digital Animated Film" by Nicolas Maglieri
- January 24th: "RiseUp!" Dr. Eileen Curley (English) on the musical "Hamilton" for Food with Faculty
- Honors Research Forum: Teylor Hamilton to present "Grief and Masculinity: A Qualitative Analysis of Young Black Men's Responses to Violent Death in Baltimore" for Honors Research Forum
- December 1: Metropolitan Opera Mezzo-Soprano Michaela Martens Sings for Honors
- Senior Thesis Project Reception November 30
- November 19: First Annual Honors Program Semi-Formal
- November 16: Julia Parris and Nona Faustine on "Feminist Political Thoughts on Black Female Artists"
- Food with Faculty: Dr. Kristen Bayer on "Change at Marist"
- Fall Honors Leadership Lecture: Harvard's James Honan to Present "Innovation Teams" Case Study
- November 11: Emma Talis Senior Thesis Presentation
- Food with Faculty: Dr. Matthew Glomski (Mathematics) November 9th
- Food with Faculty: Philosophy and Marital Arts
- Food with Faculty: Criminal Justice Reform in the 21st Century
- Sept. 9 Tea with TED: Simon Sinek's "Why Great Leaders Make You Feel Safe"
- Sept. 4: Wassaic Project Honors Trip
- Music and Oppression: The South-African Jazz Quintet Uhadi to Visit Honors Program
- April 23: Pop-Up Ethics of Food Film Festival
- April 20: Adventures in Italian Translation
- Honors Students to Visit Mish New York Jewelry Studio
- Honors Research Colloquium: Samantha Leenas to present "Agricultural Property Rights in Myanmar" on March 8th
- Honors Research Colloquium: James Barry to present "LGBT Workers and Corporate Profits" on March 2nd
- "Cancer, Surgery, and Ethics" on February 29th
- Tea With TED: "The Happy Secret to Better Work" on February 26th
- February 12: Catskill Jazz Factor Founder and Artistic Director Piers Playfair
- Tea with TED: "Building Better Games" Friday February 12
- February 5-6: Ethical Leadership Case Study Competition
- Honors Research Colloquium: "Computers Can Be As Free As You and Me"
- January 26th: "The Syrian Refugee Crisis" Dr. Juris Pupcenoks (Political Science)
- Honors Research Colloquium: Jack Barry (Computer Science) and Steven Morrison (Business/Economics) present "Acquisition of Cultural Competence Through Study Abroad"
- November 30: Dr. Alan Labouseur (Computer Science) presents "Connecting the Dots from HAL to Watson"
- November 19: The Songs of William Blake
- November 17: Poets to Discuss Writing and Editing Poetry
- November 11: Food with Faculty, Civic Engagement and Leadership with Dr. Melissa Gaeke
- October 14: "Wassaic Project: Transformation Through Participation" by Bowie Zunino
- Fall Leadership Lecture
- An Evening with Nicholas Tamagna
- Food With Faculty: Dr. Lea Graham "Writing and Pilgrimage" Oct 5 at 7:00 p.m.
- Honors Research Colloquium:Alexa Kovlakas presents "The Pathogenic Effects of Heroin on Avian Embryo Developmen" Oct 5 at 5:00 p.m.
- Oct 8: Charles Anthony Silvestri to perform "Words with Friends: The Art of Combining Prose with Song"
- Class of 2015 Honors Medal Ceremony
- Metropolitan Opera Mezzo-Soprano sings Aaron Copland for Honors Students
- April 22: Honors Students Discuss Honors by Contract and Undergraduate Research
- April 1: Honors and Target Leadership Development Workshop
- March 5: The Ethics of Surgery
- Honors Research Forum Schedule
- Food with Faculty Schedule