Communication Studies Area of Study
Earn an Adult Bachelor’s Degree with a Communication Studies Area of Study
Through the Marist College Communication Studies area of study, non-traditional adult bachelor’s degree students will develop an understanding and application of essential communication, oral and written skills necessary for success in today's work environment. The Marist College online Communication Studies area of study, through the Professional Studies adult bachelor’s degree program, will provide a foundation for careers requiring strong communication skills. Adult bachelor’s degree students pursuing the Communication and the Arts area of study will be provided with the necessary knowledge to excel as professional communicators and media artists in a complex communication-driven society.
During the Communication Studies area of study curriculum, adult bachelor’s degree students will benefit from an emphasis on speaking and writing skills, developing media literacy, critical thinking and problem solving. Students finishing their bachelor’s degree through Marist's continuing education program who are interested in a career in public relations, advertising, or communication will develop an understanding of communication theory and how to translate this into their career.
Communication Studies Degree Professions
• Media Production
• Digital Video
• Corporate/ Organization Communications
• Television Journalism
• Public Relations
• Conflict mediation
Online and On-campus Communication Studies Courses
- Intercultural Communication - A Communication and the Arts course focusing on the importance of culture in everyday lives, as well as the ways in which culture relates to and effects the process of communication.
- Arts and Values – A Communication and the Arts course designed to provide students with an understanding of arts as a social and cultural force.
- Gender and Cultural Communication – A course designed to provide students with critical thinking and analytical knowledge in regards to gender and communication within cultures.
- Small Group Communication – A Communication and the Arts course focused on providing an understanding of the communication dynamics of work groups.
- History of Photography – A course detailing the History of Photography and its influence on arts and communication.
At Marist College, we offer many fields of study, and adults wishing to continue their education can earn or finish their bachelor's degree both online or through on-location courses at our Poughkeepsie, NY campus. Contact us today to learn more about how the Marist College Professional Studies Communication Studies Bachelor's degree can help you excel in your career.
Related Pages and Additional Information
- Professional Studies Adult Education Areas of Study
- Is Professional Studies Right For You?
- Professional Studies / Adult Education Undergraduate Advising