B.A./B.S. Liberal Studies Degree Completion Program
Adult Bachelor’s Degree Program Curriculum
On-Campus, Hybrid and Online Liberal Studies Degree Formats
The Liberal Studies degree for non-traditional and adult students can be completed in various ways. The curriculum of the B.A. / B.S. in Liberal Studies offers a variety of delivery formats including on-ground, online, and hybrid-style classes. Students can take classes in the 15-week on-ground format, 8-week online format, or a combination of online and on-ground, or in the 6-week hybrid cohort format (known as the Organizational Leadership & Communication program).
Provided are sample curriculum schedules based on a student starting with 60 credits taking classes in the various formats enrolled as part-time status. Each student will have a unique scenario at the time of admissions. Marist will help tailor a course schedule that best meets the needs of individual students to earn a bachelor's degree.
Liberal Studies On-campus, Online and Hybrid Bachelor’s Degree Formats
- Attend on-ground in our state-of-the-art classrooms and computer labs. On-ground students choose two to three concentrations, including Communication, Psychology, and Information Technology & Systems.
- Each academic year is made up of two 15-week semesters with summer and winter interim classes available. All on-campus classes are offered at Marist’s main campus in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Sample Class schedule
- Attend online courses through one of the nation’s most connected campuses. Online students select two to three concentrations from among several options, including Leadership, Communication, Psychology, or Professional Studies.
- Online classes are accessible nationwide and are taught in an 8-week format.
- Sample Class schedule
- The Organizational Leadership and Communication (OLC) cohort is a unique program that consists of hybrid courses containing both online and on-ground components hosted at our Fishkill Executive Center.
- Each semester will consist of four 6-week classes totaling 12 credits per semester
- Sample class schedule
Non-traditional students who choose to enroll in the Finish@Marist Liberal Studies program have the option to choose 2-3 fields of study to have as degree concentrations. Our comprehensive program allows students the option of learning 100% online, on campus or through a hybrid of both, allowing for complete flexibility while earning your Bachelor’s degree.
Your Academic Advisor will work with you to choose a degree style the meets your needs and goals.
Non-Traditional Bachelor’s Degree Online and On-Campus Fields of Study
When you Finish@Marist with the Liberal Studies degree, you choose 2-3 fields of study to focus for concentrations. Online and on-campus options include:
|Online Only||Online and On Campus|
|Data Center Technologies||American Studies|
|Enterprise Systems||Communication and the Arts|
|Information Technology & Systems|
In addition to our Finish@Marist Liberal Studies program and concentrations, you can also attend Marist as an adult undergraduate student. Students who choose this option may select a specific major from the list below. These majors are offered in a traditional classroom setting on our beautiful Poughkeepsie campus. Marist's on-campus majors for adult undergraduate students include:
|Art History||Athletic Training|
|Biomedical Sciences||Business Administration|
|Computer Science||Criminal Justice|
|Environmental Science||Fashion Design|
|Political Science||Psychology/Dual Certification—Childhood/Special Education (Grades 1-6)|
|Studio Art||Honors Program: Available in all majors|
|* Teacher Education programs available in these areas|