Data Center Technologies Bachelor's Degree Program Concentration
Undergraduate Data Center Technologies Major
If you're interested in a career maintaining and managing data centers and corporate networking systems, the Data Center Technologies Bachelor's degree program prepares undergraduate students enrolled in our school for all facets of computer data centers and provides introductory experience in computer networking, security, and facilities management.
Data Center Technologies students within the bachelor's degree program will complete course work on virtualization, server consolidation, security and compliance skills.
Data Center Technologies Major Skills
• Hardware, disaster recovery and troubleshooting
• Introduction to data center management
• Virtualization, remote access and monitoring data center racks and cabling
• Building a secure environment
• Applied data center management network security
Data Center Technologies On-campus and Online Courses
- Data Communications – A Data Center Technologies course providing a comprehensive technical understanding of data and computer communications.
- Internetworking – A Data Center Technologies course designed to acquaint students with major internet protocols and functionality.
- Internet Security – A course focusing on examining internet security from the prospective of the individuals in Data Center Technologies.
- Introduction to Facilities – A course design to introduce Data Center Technologies students to the workings of a data center facility.
- System Administration and Management – A Data Center Technologies course designed to provide knowledge on maintaining and operating information systems and computer networks.
Marist College is located in New York. At Marist, we offer many fields of study both online and through on-location courses at our Poughkeepsie, NY campus.