Apply Today and Start Your Career in Behavioral Health Care
Gaining acceptance into Marist's highly competitive Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling program depends on a variety of factors, which can include undergraduate academic performance, prior work experience, recommendation letters, and an application essay.
New classes begin every September. Applications are accepted year round with a fall deadline of July 1.
The Mental Health Counseling program does not allow non-matriculated students into the program.
All documents, with the exception of official college transcripts, can be submitted electronically through the following link https://maristgraduate.slideroom.com/
• A completed Graduate Admission Application (available online)
• A $50 application fee (you may pay this online if you are completing the online application or you may send a check or money order payable to Marist College)
• Personal essay describing your history and interest in pursuing an advanced degree in mental health counseling
• Three letters of recommendation (from employment or academic professionals).
• Official transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Transcripts must be from regionally accredited institutions.
- The undergraduate transcript should document a major in psychology or a closely related field. It must also indicate a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (based on a system where a 4.0 equals an A grade).
- Non-psychology major applicants must demonstrate that they have taken undergraduate coursework in: introduction to psychology, statistics, research methods in psychology/social sciences. A minimum grade of 3.0 is required in each of these courses. Undergraduate coursework in abnormal psychology is preferred, but not required.
• A current resume
• An interview
• Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores* (GRE waivers based on advanced degrees will be considered by the program director)
*Marist application code - 2400 PSYCAS application code - 7443
Send official transcripts to:
The Office of Enrollment Services
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387