Graduate Student Admission
Master's of Science in Information Systems
Three Exciting New Concentrations
The primary goal of the Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) at Marist College is to help meet the increasing demand for knowledgeable personnel who possess a balanced combination of technical and managerial skills. The MSIS at Marist College offers an advanced information system and technology education for IT and business professionals looking to advance their knowledge in the technology sector. The MSIS program provides expertise and experience in information technology and systems, information resources management and strategy and a broad variety of leading edge technical courses. The Master of Science in Information Systems graduate degree is especially appropriate for technical and business professionals who wish to become agents of organizational change, innovators and technical thought leaders of the future.
Several potential student groups benefit the most from our Master of Science in Information Systems graduate degree program: business professionals seeking to master the language of technology; technologists looking to deepen and round out their skills; and professionals from other disciplines looking to make themselves more marketable in our increasingly technology-dependent organizations.
The MSIS graduate degree program places strong emphasis on both the technological and business aspects of systems management and design. Information Systems students are frequently expected to participate in team situations to enhance both their systems thinking and their interpersonal skills. Multiple MSIS graduate degree courses are real-client based in order to enhance the student’s consultative skills and experience.
One Degree, Three Concentrations
The Master of Science in Information Systems at Marist College offers three concentrations to choose from while earning your MSIS degree. Graduate students interested in the program are encouraged to explore the concentration that best suits their interest, background and / or career goals.
Information Systems Management (ISM) Concentration:
- Business application focus
- Practical applications of information systems in the workplace
- Specific career paths for the graduating ISM professional include systems analyst and/or designer, business analyst, project manager, IS auditor, and information systems manager.
- The foundation for professionals who aspire to become a Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Learn more about the MSIS ISM Concentration
Business Analytics (BA) Concentration:
- Helps professionals gain expertise in accessing and manipulating data, and applying analytical techniques to extract information from data and use it to predict future trends and behavior patterns
- Students acquire hands-on experience with cutting-edge analytical methods and software tools, leveraging the use of information technology to help improve decision making.
- Provides exposure to practical applications using real-world data.
- Specific career paths for the graduating BA professional include data analyst/architect, database administrator, business analyst, data science specialist, and business analytics manager.
- The foundation for professionals who aspire to become a Chief Data Officer (CDO)
Learn more about the MSIS Business Analytics Concentration
Computer Networks and Security (CNS) Concentration:
- Provides students with competence to investigate, design, implement, and troubleshoot emerging network and security technology
- Provides students with expertise in assessing an enterprise infrastructure for secure emerging solutions
- Provides students exposure to a practical state-of-the-art networking lab
- Specific career paths for the graduating CNS professional include security administrator, technical manager, systems administrator, network specialist, network operations manager, IT administrator, internet engineer, LAN/WAN engineer, or network administrator.
- The foundation for professionals who aspire to become a Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Learn more about the MSIS CNS Concentration
Loading contact form...