NASP-Approved M.A. in School Psychology:
The Personal Choice for Your Professional Journey
Did you know that U.S. News & World Report has ranked school psychology as the #1 Best Social Service Job and #17 out of 100 Best Jobs overall for 2015? If you're interested in starting your career in this rewarding and exciting field, Marist's program offers on-campus courses, professional field experiences in school districts, and leads to New York State Education Department (NYSED) certification as a school psychologist. Request a program brochure to learn more!
Distinctions of the Marist MA in School Psychology Program:
- The MA in School Psychology program is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), preparing students to work as practicing school psychologists and leading to New York State certification and eligibility for National Certification as a School Psychologist (NCSP).
- Excellent employment outcomes: 82% of the Class of 2014 secured temporary, part-time, or full-time positions as school psychologists within six months of graduation.
- Small classes enhance student/faculty interaction.
- Develop your professional network with the School Psychology Lecture Series.
- Evening classes are three nights per week allowing students to work or study during the daytime.
- School Psychology internships can be completed outside of New York State.
- Core School Psychology faculty are experienced, certified, school psychologists.
- Specialized Career Services assistance for students and alumni.
- Scholarships, assistantships, and organizational partnerships are available to help reduce tuition costs.
Wondering about the work our graduates do in their communities? Alyssa Montgomery (MA in School Psychology Class of 2013), was recently featured on ABC News for her work in preventing bullying in Dobbs Ferry, NY. Watch this segment to learn more.