Master's in Computer Science Admission Requirements
Software Development Graduate Degree Admission and Application Information
Gaining acceptance into Marist's highly competitive Master of Science in Computer Science Software Development program depends on a variety of factors, including undergraduate academic performance and professional work experience.
New classes begin every Fall and Spring semester. Applications are accepted year round with a fall deadline of August 1 (June 15 for international students) and a spring deadline of December 1 (November 1 for international students).
All documents, with the exception of official college transcripts, can be submitted electronically through the following link https://maristgraduate.slideroom.com/
- A completed Graduate Admission Application (available online)
- Personal Statement
- A $50 application fee (you may pay this online if you are completing the online application or you may send a check or money order payable to Marist College)
- Official transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.Transcripts must be from regionally accredited institutions.
- A current resume specifying programming languages known
International Student Additional Admission Requirements
- In addition to the above-listed requirements, international applicants must also submit the following:
- A minimum score of 79 on IBT TOEFL, 6.5 on IELTS or 58 on PTE. Marist report code is 2400
- A minimum academic overall grade of 60% or GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 7/10 or a first division
- Official GRE score
- An original notarized copy of Declaration of Financial Form/Affidavit of Support and an official letter from a bank manager stating that a minimum amount is accessible to cover the cost for the academic year. Amounts for the year of application are available at http://www.marist.edu/admission/international/visa_process.html
- A statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- Additional International Admission Information
Send official transcripts to:
The Office of Enrollment Services
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387