|Name:||Mr. Leong Ong|
|Title:||@ Marist - Adjunct Professor for Senior Collections I & II
Designer and Partner for labels - Falls & CarnationLilyLilyRose
|Office Location:||Donnelly 254|
|Personal Web Page:||http://www.fallsdesigns.com|
|Degrees Held:||Bachelor of Arts Hons Fashion & Textiles. Kingston, London, UK
Master of Arts in Fashion and Textiles, Central Saint Martins School of Art, London. UK.
|Bio:||Born and raised in Malaysia, Leong Ong went on to pursue his fashion design education in the UK, graduating with a BA in Fashion & Textiles Design from Kingston University, and MA in Fashion and Textiles Design from Central Saint Martins School of Art.
Upon graduating, moved to New York to gain experience and pursue his dream in the industry, which includes
- Designer for Polo Ralph Lauren,
- Opening his own retail stores Ong,
- Starting his own wholesale collection, Ong in 2004,
- picked to show with Gen Art Fresh faces in Fashion.
- followed by Falls, a collaboration with partner Philip Leeming in 2006. Garnering press attention from Nylon, WWD, Harpers Bazaar, and comissioned by Wear Magazine to create a green dress for the spring'09 NY market, alongside the likes of Vivienne Westwood Red Label, Theory, Nicole Miller & BCBG.
He has been portfolio critique for the graduating class at Marist College in the the past for 5 years, and more recently, adjunct professor for Draping and Garment Construction to the Junior year (for tailoring), and now Professor for Senior Collections. (graduating collection)
Leong Ong draws from his wide cultural, education and work experience to present a unique point of view in his work, and impart this knowledge to students.
He has made collaborations with artists to create a different way to present the collection including -
- Spring'07 Fine art photographer John Arsenault â" gallery opening in tandem with fashion week presentation. (NYmag.com's top 3 favorite happening during NY fashion week)
- Fall'08 a short film with independent filmmakers Bradley Rust Grey & So Young Kim
- Spring'09 music video for The Short Wave Set (broadcast on MTV Europe)
- Holiday'09 the miniature wardrobe - stop action film in miniature.
He currently resides in New York City.
|Awards & Honors:||Gen Art Fresh Faces Fashion Show. Spring 2007. New York Fashion Week
Gen Art Alumni Fashion show - Fall 2007 Miami.
Harpers Bazaar USA
New York Post
|Exhibitions:||NY Coterie Spring 2009 commission for WeAr Magazine.|
|Presentations:||NY Fashion Week Shows -
Ong - Spring 2005,
Falls - Spring 2010
Falls - Fall 2010
Spring'09 music video for Short Wave Set, shown at MTV Europe.
all show images, look books, and short films can be viewed at www.fallsdesigns.com