M.A. in Communication
Students in the MA in Communication come from a wide range of backgrounds. The diversity of age, education, and professional experience bring depth to our conversations and allow students to see communication issues from many perspectives.
Anyone that has a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university is eligible to apply for the MA in Communication program. While we prefer applicants with some background in communication-related fields, we encourage applicants seeking to switch careers.
How old is the average student in the program?
There is no "average student." The age range is from 21-60+.
Where do the students live?
The students enrolled in the online MA in Communication come from all over the United States. Several students have participated while working abroad in Italy & London. Others take their laptops on the road as they travel around the nation and the world.
| || |
Does everyone have an undergraduate degree in communication?
No. Our students have strong writing and analytic skills, not necessarily prior knowledge of the field of Communication. Among the undergraduate majors of our students are:
- Political Science
Our students come from a wide range of schools across the United States. Among the undergraduate colleges attended are:
| || |
Do all students work in the field of communication?
Our students work in all sorts of fields. The common denominator is a desire to improve their communication and leadership skills. Professional backgrounds of our students include:
- Advertising Copywriters
- Education - Teachers, Professors, Librarians, and Administrators
- Buyers, Salespeople, Service Representatives
- Communication professionals working for many non-profits such as the Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Animal Welfare, and so on.
- Media relations professionals working in for-profit industries such as entertainment, pharmaceuticals, insurance, and banking
- Medical Professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Hospital Administrators
- Science & Technology Industry Professionals in fields ranging from nuclear power to environmental research
- Military personnel
- Political consultants & speechwriters for national and regional politics
- Religious leaders