Marist International Programs promotes international engagement and academic, personal, and professional development through rigorous, reflective study abroad, overseas internships, and international campus programming.
MIP goals are to foster:
- Cultural sensitivity and cross-cultural dialogue;
- Reflection on global issues;
- Enlightened and responsible global citizenship and leadership;
- Learning, self-discovery, personal and professional growth; independence;
- Appreciation for diversity.
MIP services include:
- Advisement for educational opportunities abroad, including coursework, research, and internships;
- Pre-departure orientation and assistance and support to students for the duration of their experience;
- Overseas support by resident directors or host institution staff;
- Support to faculty and staff in the design and administration of all types of study abroad programs;
- Coordination among relevant academic and administrative departments at Marist College and between Marist and partner institutions abroad;
- Regular site visits by Marist administrators and faculty.
MIP objectives are to:
- Integrate study abroad in the undergraduate curriculum;
- Work with faculty and schools to develop a curriculum that responds to global changes;
- Provide undergraduate students with an abroad experience;
- Continuously explore and develop new program sites, and increase the range of opportunities for study around the world;
- Foster academic excellence in all programs abroad;
- Encourage the study of foreign languages (on-campus and abroad);
- Encourage internships and other practical learning experiences abroad;
- Promote semester/academic year programs as well as short-term programs during inter-session and summer periods;
- Facilitate student exchanges;
- Integrate study abroad with on-campus academic programs, advisement, and activities.