on this page:
McAfee Antivirus Program
The McAfee VirusScan Enterprise software is provided by Marist College to ALL students free of charge and updates automatically everyday. It is required that students have either the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise software or another up-to-date antivirus client installed on their computer.
Many new computers come pre-installed with a "free" antivirus trial. Generally this will last from 1 to 3 months. After this trial period, you are no longer protected against any new threats. In order to stay protected, you would have to pay up to $75/year. Marist has purchased licenses for all students to use McAfee's VirusScan Enterprise. Once installed, McAfee's VirusScan will keep itself up-to-date by updating the virus definition files every day. This ensures that each machine has the latest protection against viruses, spyware, adware, and other malware. McAfee's VirusScan will never expire, and you will never have to pay to keep it up-to-date while you attend Marist College.
Before installing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, please make sure that you have removed any other antivirus software from your system. To access the download, you will need to enter your Marist account and password.
Download Marist's McAfee VirusScan 8.8i Enterprise
For Windows 10, Windows 8.x & Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
Last Updated: 03/30/2016
Download Marist's McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Mac
For Mac OSX 10.12, 10.11, 10.10 & 10.9 (32/64 bit)
Last Updated: 10/12/2016
Installation guides for both Mac and Windows are available at the ResNet How-To's page.
- Make sure to remove any other antivirus software before installing McAfee.
- Even if you have another version of McAfee on your computer, you must uninstall it and install the Marist version.
- Incoming Freshmen will NOT be able to download the Marist McAfee until August.
If you have any questions or need help installing McAfee VirusScan, ResNet is here to help. You can send an email to email@example.com or call the office at x3135. ResNet is located in Donnelly Hall, Room 101 (right below Security).
To keep your computer current with updated security patches. Marist strongly recommends installing updates.
For Windows 10:
1. Click the Windows key.
2. Type "Windows Update."
3. Click on "Check for Updates."
4. The "Update & Security" window will appear.
5. Click on "Check for Updates."
6. Click on "Install Updates."
7. You may need to restart the computer and repeat this process several times in order to install all available updates.
For Windows 8 & 8.1:
1. Click the Windows key.
2. Type control panel.
3. Click the "Control Panel."
4. Click the "System and Security."
5. Click "Windows Update."
6. Check for updates by clicking "Check for updates" on the left side pane.
7. After the updates are found, click "Install updates." You might have to restart afterwards.
For Windows 7:
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click the “Control Panel” in the right side pane.
3. Click “Windows Update.”
4. Check for updates by clicking “Check for updates” on the left side pane.
5. After the updates are found, click “Install updates.” You might have to restart afterwards.
For Mac OSX:
1. Click on the Apple icon at the top left of your screen.
2. Click “Software Update.”After the updates are found, click “Continue.”
3. You might have to restart afterwards.