on this page:
McAfee Antivirus Program
In order for any Windows or Mac computer to connect to the Marist network, an Antivirus program must be installed. The McAfee VirusScan Enterprise provided by Marist is the preferred Antivirus program. Other current Antivirus programs such as Norton, AVG, Security Essentials, et cetera are acceptable as long as they are up-to-date.
Many new computers come preinstalled with a "free" antivirus trial. Generally this will last from 1 to 3 months. After that you are no longer protected against any new threats. In order to stay protected, you would have to pay up to $75/year. Marist has purchased licenses for all students to use McAfee's VirusScan Enterprise. Once installed, McAfee's VirusScan will keep itself up-to-date by updating the virus definition files every day. This ensures that each machine has the latest protection against viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, adware, and other malware. McAfee's VirusScan will never expire, and you will never have to pay to keep it up-to-date while you attend Marist.
Before installing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, please make sure that you have removed any other antivirus software from your system. To access the download, you will need to enter your Marist account and password.
Download Marist's McAfee VirusScan 8.8i Enterprise
For Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
Last Updated: 09/06/2013
Download Marist's McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Mac
For Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8 (32/64 bit)
Last Updated: 09/06/2013
- Make sure to remove any other antivirus software before installing McAfee.
- Even if you have another version of McAfee on your computer, you must uninstall it and install the Marist version for network access.
- Incoming Freshmen will NOT be able to download the Marist McAfee until August.
If you have any questions or need help installing McAfee VirusScan, ResNet is here to help. You can send an email to email@example.com or call the office at x3135. ResNet is located in Donnelly Hall, Room 101 (right below Security) and is open during the following hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-7pm and Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
If you use Windows, you MUST update regularly.
Microsoft makes it easy to apply software updates to Windows via the Windows Update Web site.
For Windows 8:
1. Click the Windows key.
2. Type control panel.
3. Click the "Control Panel."
4. Click the "System and Security."
5. Click "Windows Update."
6. Check for updates by clicking "Check for updates" on the left side pane.
7. After the updates are found, click "Install updates." You might have to restart afterwards.
For Windows Vista & 7:
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click the “Control Panel” in the right side pane.
3. Click “Windows Update.”
4. Check for updates by clicking “Check for updates” on the left side pane.
5. After the updates are found, click “Install updates.” You might have to restart afterwards.
For Mac OSX:
1. Click on the Apple icon at the top left of your screen.
2. Click “Software Update.”After the updates are found, click “Continue.”
3. You might have to restart afterwards.