English Department Internship Policies
You may enroll in an internship for as few as 1 credit or as many as 9 credits. You are expected to
complete 3 hours of work per week for each credit you receive. In other words, 1 credit translates into
3 hours of work per week and 9 credits translates into 27 hours of work per week.
As stipulated by Career Services at Marist College, all prospective interns must meet the following
eligibility requirements before they may participate in Field Experience:
- Matriculation in a bachelor's degree program
- Completion of 60 credits, at least 12 of which were earned at Marist
- Minimum GPA of 2.50
- Completion of courses that relate to the duties to be performed at the work site
- Approval of the division Faculty Internship Coordinator in English prior to registering
for Field Experience (Internship) credit
- Students must also meet the necessary qualifications established by the participating employer.
- Internship credits will not be granted for existing full-time or part-time jobs.
See Career Service's Internships page for more details about eligibility.
By enrolling in internship credit, you are required to report to your on-site supervisor as well
as the English Department Internship Coordinator.