Marist Theatre Program Scholarships
$2000.00 renewable awards are available
Incoming freshman may apply for a theatre scholarship at Marist College. All students must complete the application requirements to be eligible for a scholarship award.
To apply, students must be accepted to Marist and are required to attend an on-campus audition/interview. Times are available in 15 minute slots.
Early Decision & Early Application Students:
Friday, February 21, 10:00-12:00
Saturday, February 22, 10:00-12:00
Saturday April 12: 4:00-5:30
Sunday April 13: 4:00-5:30
To schedule an audition, please contact:
Ms. Lisa Bellis
School of Liberal Arts
845-575-3000 ext. 2490
Theatre Scholarship Applicants: Audition/Interview Requirements:
• One (1) one-minute contemporary dramatic or comedic monologue
• One (1) one-minute Shakespearean monologue
• One (1) recommendation letter form a high school drama director or teacher
• Completed Theatre Scholarship Application Form (click here for application form)
Students interested in technical theatre or theatre management are not required to audition but are required to interview. Please present relevant portfolio materials, or a second recommendation letter in lieu of a traditional portfolio. Angels in America
All students should allot 15 minutes for the audition (3 minutes total) and brief interview. All application materials are due in one completed package at appointment. February auditions are held in the Nelly Goletti Theatre, 3rd floor Student Center. April auditions are held in the Admissions Theatre, just down the hall from the Admissions Office. Students residing further than a five hour drive to Marist who do not plan to attend April's Open House, may arrange a phone interview/DVD audition. An in-person audition/interview is recommended for all applicants.
Students on Theatre Scholarship at Marist must meet the following requirements for maintaining scholarship renewal eligibility:
• Student must declare either an English major with a Theatre Concentration OR a Theatre Minor.
• Student must audition for one production per academic year, as assigned by the Program Director. If not cast, student will be assigned a technical/administrative role.
• Student must attend two production builds/strikes per year (or assigned equivalent.) Student must maintain full-time enrollment and a 2.85 cumulative G.P.A.
• Quality counts, scholarship may not be renewed as a result of poor performance or poor attendance
For more information on the Theatre Program, please contact:
Prof. Matt Andrews
Director of the Marist Theatre Program
Marist College Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845-575-3000 ext. 7507