School of Management at Marist College
Accredited by AACSB - International
The School of Management has been awarded accreditation by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business in 2002. This prestigious mark of excellence was granted to the School's undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business.
AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting. It is devoted to the promotion and improvement of higher education in business administration and management. Organized in 1916, its founding members include Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, New York University, Northwestern University, The Ohio State University, Tulane University, the University of California at Berkeley, the University of Chicago, the University of Illinois, the University of Nebraska, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Texas, the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Yale University.
Our accreditation places us among the top 25 percent of the business programs in the country. As of the fall of 2006, only 531 colleges, universities, and institutions of higher education worldwide were accredited by AACSB International. Students who decide to make a major investment of time and money to earn either an undergraduate or graduate business degree should always determine whether AACSB International has accredited the program they plan to attend. This stamp of excellence is your best assurance of quality and without it, you put at risk your valuable time and effort. If you want to obtain a top-notch business degree, look for this symbol of excellence before you apply.
The School of Management engaged in a rigorous six-year process of self-study, continuous improvement, and peer review to earn the distinction of being accredited by AACSB International.
What Does this Mean to our Students and Alumni?
- We pledge to prepare our students for the workplace of the 21st century through curricula that blends theory and practice delivered by faculty members who possess strong academic credentials and professional experience.
- Our Bachelor's Degree programs in Business Administration and Accounting and our Master's of Business Administration program, including our online MBA option, reflect changes in knowledge and practices while satisfying criteria established and accepted by the international management education community.
- We pledge to provide business programs that have an appropriate mission achieved through demonstrated high-quality standards that relate to the curriculum, faculty resources, admissions, degree requirements, library and computer facilities, financial resources, and intellectual climate.
- Many employers recognize the value of a business degree from an AACSB International accredited program.
- Our business graduates will now have an added advantage and opportunity to be considered more favorably for admission to many top MBA programs in the country, including our own!
- Our alumni can be proud to have earned their degree from a business program that is a recognized quality leader in management education.