Daniel Szpiro, PhD
Title: Dean, School of Professional Programs & Assistant Vice President
Office Location: Lowell Thomas 110
Contact Number: 845-575-3202
- Ph.D. (Business Administration), Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, 1998
- M.Sc. (International Accounting and Finance), London School of Economics and Political Science, 1991
- M.B.A., Stephen Smith School of Business, Queen’s University, 1990
- B.Sc., University of Waterloo, 1980
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Best Professional Development Workshop Award (co-author), “Towards Business School 2.0: Online Models for Management Education”, Academy of Management Annual Conference, Management Education & Development track, September 2016.
- Nominated for Cornell-Queen’s Executive MBA Program Star Teaching Award, Cornell University, 2009, 2010.
- Recipient ofTeacher of the Year – 1999 award, awarded jointly by Comité de recrutement inter-universitaire and l’Ordre des CMA du Québec “…in honour of his teaching qualities and his devotion to the CMA candidates of Concordia University.”
- Assessing the Impact of Emerging Credentials, March 29, 2016, The EvoLLLution (an online newspaper focused on higher education trends).
- Creating a Culture of Innovation, Open InfoTrend, September 2015, pp. 10-12. Published in Croatian as: Leadership na djelu: stvaranje culture inovativnosti.
- Bricks and Clicks Come Face-to-Face, BizEd, September-October 2012. BizEd is the publication of the AACSB.
- The Evolution of the Online and Blended Learning MBA - Identifying the Right Strategy, Keynote Speaker, Association of MBAs (AMBA) Global Conference for Deans and Directors, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2015. Click here for video.
- Shaping the Future of Management Education: 6 Deans from 6 Continents, Association of MBAs (AMBA) Global Conference for Deans and Directors, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2015. Click here for video.
- MOOC’s - The Future of Higher Education of a Passing Phase?, Keynote Speaker, Association of MBAs (AMBA) Asia-Pacific Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, November 2014. Click here for video.
- When, Why, and How is Technology Reshaping Management Education - Management Schools Viewpoint, Panelist & Moderator,CEEMAN 22nd Annual Conference, Budapest, Hungary, September 2014.
- Massive Online Open Courses (MMOC’s), Workshop Presenter,CEEMAN 22nd Annual Conference, Budapest, Hungary, September 2014.
- Academy of Management
- University Professional and Continuing Education Association
- Managerial Finance and Accounting (capital budgeting, post-investment review, Balanced Scorecard