Transcripts of student records may be requested in person, by mail or via the myMarist portal (with some limitations). The Office of the Registrar is not permitted to accept requests that are copied, faxed or emailed. The Office of the Registrar is not permitted to fax or email transcripts.
Requests cannot be processed if a financial hold exists on the record. Holds must be cleared by Student Financial Services before the request can be processed. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (845) 575-3230.
How to Order Transcripts
1.) Via myMarist Portal (https://my.marist.edu):
This service allows the requestor to send an electronic request for transcripts to the Registrar's Office. Upon receipt of the electronic request, the Registrar's Office will print and mail the transcripts to the person or organization and address specified in the request. Transcripts are not sent electronically.
This option is available for students whose entire record began on or after January 1990. Students with records that began prior to January 1990, must submit a request in person or in writing following the steps for options 2 and 3 below.
This option is not available for students who:
- Have any records prior to January 1990
- Did not graduate and have not been enrolled within the last 2 years
- Want delivery by pre-paid overnight service
- Require any document or form to accompany the transcript
- Have a financial hold
Required: Marist Account and Password. If you do not remember your Marist Account and Password, please contact the Marist Help Desk for assistance in obtaining your Account and Password. The Help Desk can be reached by phone at 1-845-575-4357 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login to myMarist.
- Select the Student tab.
- Select the Banner Self Service link.
- Select Student from the Main Menu.
- Select Student Records.
- Select Request Printed Transcript.
- In the Issue to: field, enter the name of the person or organization to whom the transcript will be issued. To pick up transcripts, see *** below.
- Click Continue.
- Choose Online Transcript from the drop-down box in the Transcript Type: field.
- Enter the Street Address, City, State and Zip Code (enter a nation code ONLY if the address is to a foreign nation). Transcripts cannot be sent if the address fields have been left blank. To pick up transcripts, see *** below.
- Click Continue
- Enter the number of copies to be sent to this address.
- Click Continue
- This will lead you to a Summary page. Print this for your records. Click Submit Request.
- You will receive a message that says “Your Transcript Request has been Received.”
- The status of your request can be tracked on View Status of Transcript Requests in the Student Records menu of myMarist.
*** If you wish to pick up your transcripts at the Registrar's Office, follow the instructions above with the following modifications:
Step 7: In the "Issue to" field, enter your First and Last Name.
Step 10: In the "Street Line 1" field, enter "Pick Up" and your area code and phone number (10 digits). Leave the City, State and Zip Code fields blank.
2.) In person:
The Transcript Request Form may be filled out in the Registrar’s Office. An original ink signature of the student is required.
3.) By mail
(Please TYPE or PRINT CLEARLY. Illegible requests cannot be processed):
Written requests may be submitted by completing one of the following steps. An original ink signature of the student is required.
A. Submitting a Transcript Request Form (see link below). Print the form, provide the required information and
sign the form. Mail the completed, signed form to:
Office of the Registrar
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
B. Send a letter to the Office of the Registrar. The letter must contain the following information and be signed.
- Full name (include any prior names, if applicable).
- Student CWID or Social Security Number (required to identify the student record)
- Dates of Attendance and/or Year of Graduation
- Complete address(es) to where the transcripts are to be mailed
- Indicate whether or not to hold for current semester grades or degree conferral posting prior to transcript issuance
- Student's original signature (in ink)
Fees, Processing and Delivery
Transcripts are provided free of charge.
Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received and may take up to 3 business days. Same-day processing is not available.
Transcripts are sent by first-class US Mail. Overnight delivery service is available only if a prepaid envelope and label are provided at the time the order is placed. Prepaid overnight service is not available with requests via myMarist portal. Same-day processing is not available.
Transcript Request Form:
Transcripts are free. Do not send payment for transcripts.