Fieldwork/Internship Preparation Deadlines
The time to set up a Fieldwork/Internship Placement is the SEMESTER BEFORE you go out into the field.
Students must have arranged for a fieldwork/internship placement, submitted the Code of Ethics and Professional Behavior Form, and the signed/approved Fieldwork/Internship Contract to the Fieldwork/Internship Coordinator according to the following deadlines:
- For Fall Semester Fieldwork/Internship, the forms must be completed by April 25th of the previous Spring Semester.
- For Spring Semester Fieldwork/Internship, the forms must be completed by December 1st of the previous Fall Semester.
- For the 12-week Summer Semester Fieldwork/Internship, the forms must be completed by April 25th of the previous Spring Semester.
- Requesting an Extension of a Deadline: A request must be submitted in writing to the Fieldwork/Internship Coordinator for an extension of a deadline. The proposal/request must be accompanied by a substantive explanation/rationale. (Procrastination is not an acceptable reason.)
- NOTE: The following special proposals/requests must be submitted in writing (along with a rationale) to the Fieldwork/Internship Coordinator at least ONE MONTH prior to the respective deadline dates specified above:
1. Proposing a NEW fieldwork/internship site.
2. Requesting exceptions to any of the Fieldwork/Internship Policies in this Manual.
The Fieldwork/Internship Coordinator for the undergraduate psychology students is:
Janine Buxton, M.S., L.M.H.C.
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387
phone: (845) 575-3000, x7696
fax: (845) 575-3965