Athletic Training Department
A current CPR certification in adult CPR through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association is the minimal requirement. Professional rescuer certification is recommended.
Blood-borne Pathogen Training
Yearly blood-borne pathogen training through the Athletic Training Education Program is required. These training sessions are conducted by the Program Director and attendance is mandatory.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.50 (overall).
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 for all required coursework in the Athletic Training major. This includes all courses with ATHT, BIOL, CHEM, HLTH, CSIS, and MATH prefix.
- Obtain a grade of B or better in ATHT 103.
- Complete 800 hours of clinical experience under the direction of a certified athletic trainer.
- Must adhere to the National Athletic Trainers' Code of Ethics.
Non-compliance of any or all of the above will lead to a one year probation period in the Athletic Training Education Program. If deficiencies are not corrected during this time, suspension from the Athletic Training Education Program will occur.