- Inform authorities of the situation by notifying the Office of Safety & Security at x5555 (from any campus phone) or (845) 471-1822 (if using a cell phone); or dial 911 immediately.
- Give your name, location, and telephone number.
- Provide as much information as possible regarding the nature of the injury or illness, whether or not the victim is conscious, etc.
- Do not hang up until directed to do so by the emergency operator.
- Do not move a seriously injured person unless there is a life threatening situation.
- Provide first aid, if you know how; and keep the victim as calm and comfortable as possible.
- Remain with the victim until help arrives.