Fashion in Italy
Dates: July 12th - July 25th, 2015
This course provides an introduction to essential processes of fashion design including drawing the fashion figure, color theory, silhouette and proportion, and rendering texture and pattern. Both hand sketching and Computer Assisted Design techniques will be explored, in addition to the creation of collection concepts and inspiration boards. Site visits will include the Gucci and Ferragamo museums, selected classic museums, fashion design showrooms and fabric stores, and a day trip to Prato. Students will create photographic journals of all site visits helping students document the development of their eye for fashion design.
- Understanding of fundamental fashion design concepts
- Introduction to sketching and computer assisted design techniques
- Increased ability to document and describe fashion design and inspiration
- Exposure to the work of great designers in Florence
The Marist Summer Fashion Pre-College Program - offered in partnership with Istituto Lorenzo de’Medici - is a Portfolio Development Program for talented high school students who are interested in pursuing a design career, and applying to prestigious Fashion undergraduate degree programs. Students will work with experienced design faculty in the heart of Florence, visiting important fashion and design industry sites, exploring museum collections, and developing the eye of the fashion designer.
Please see below for the 2015 Pre-College program costs. Cost includes tuition & fees, housing & all meals, field trips, and all course materials. Cost does not include travel expenses. Students may wish to bring funds for incidentals, shopping at the Marist Bookstore or the local mall, souvenirs, and any personal items they wish to purchase.
- New York Session 1 or Session 2, 3 college credits: $3,250
- Italy Session, 3 college credits: $4,000
- New York Session 1 and Session 2, 6 college credits: $6,175
- New York Session 1, Italy Session 2, 6 college credits: $6,925