Summer Pre-College Pre-Health Program
Session 2: The 2018 Session 2 programs will run July 15th - July 28th.
If you are considering a career in the health professions, the Marist Pre-Health Pre-College program is a good first step into learning about the opportunities in the healthcare field. In addition to learning about the variety of fields that exist within healthcare, you will learn about current healthcare issues in the US, the history of medicine and healthcare, and some of the important research being published with respect to healthcare. Students will have the opportunity to interact with a variety of healthcare professionals in addition to learning about technology in the medical classroom by spending time in our Simulation Lab, as well as running some basic tests in our medical technology lab.
- Learn about the different professions within the healthcare field.
- Meet a variety of healthcare professionals and learn about their work.
- Examine the history of medicine and healthcare.
- Investigate the current state of healthcare and healthcare policy in the United States.
- Explore the history and experience of women and minorities becoming healthcare providers.
- Read and critically analyze health-related literature.
- New York Session 1 or Session 2, 3 college credits: $3,350
- New York Session 1 and Session 2, 6 college credits: $6,365