on this page:
Spring Break The Career Services Way
How to Make a Positive First Impression
Career Services 101
- Creating Your Resume
- Preparing for the Interview
- Writing Your Cover Letter
- Downloadable Career Guide
- Register with Career Services
- On-Campus Recruitment for Full-time Jobs and Internships
- Job Search Websites
- Career Job Fairs, Events and Workshops - All Majors
- FoxQuest Internship and Career Opportunities for Marist Students and Alumni
Aislinne Lutz, a Criminal Justice major, is the recipient of the 2013 Marist College Intern of the Year Award
- What is Field Experience?
- Who is Eligible for Field Experience?
- List of Internship Faculty Coordinators
- Application Process for Elective Credit Internships
- Eligibility requirements for International Students
- School and Division Requirements
- A partial List of Organizations Participating in the Field Experience Program
- Marist College Intern Student of the Year Award
- Marist College Intern Employer of the Year Award
- Search for an Internship
- Hours Required for Internship Credit
In light of the current discussion concerning legal standards of non-paid, paid and credit-bearing internships, the Marist College Center for Career Services is implementing a new practice to assist with record keeping and tracking of student and employer information. Effective with the start of the FALL 2013 semester ALL Marist College students who participate in elective credit internships will be required to submit their Internship Learning Contracts to the Center for Career Services PRIOR to registering for academic credit for an internship.
The purpose of this new practice is to ensure that there is a learning contract on file for every student who is registered for an elective credit internship. This contract is critical as we seek to verify that elective Internships are in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Having signed learning contracts on file will also allow us to have documentation of the internship learning goals and objectives that have been agreed upon between the student intern and the employer.
Please note, that Career Services will not forward documentation to the Registrar for assignment of academic credit until the signed Learning Contract is presented.
- How to Seize Your Dream! - Choosing Majors & Careers
- Career Courses offered at Marist
- Majors and Minors at Marist (612 KB) - A guide to learning and thinking about possible major options at Marist College in a handy, easy-to-read format.
- FOCUS 2 - a self-paced, online career and education planning tool for college students and alumni. The access code needed to set up an account on FOCUS 2 is MaristRedFoxes. A Marist email address must be used to establish an account. Alumni without a Marist lifetime email account should contact the HELP Desk by telephone at 845-575-HELP or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MyMajors.com - a major exploration website.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook
- General Information About Graduate and Professional School
- Writing the Essay
- Searching for Programs
- Entrance Exams
- Graduate Study Abroad
- Creating or Using your Reference File
- Nationally Competitive Scholarships
- Undergraduate Fellowships
- LatPro - new scholarship program for Hispanic students awards $2,000 three times annually to currently enrolled undergrads or graduate students from registered schools in the US.
- DiversityJobs - new scholarship program for diversity and minority students awards $2,000 three times annually to currently enrolled undergrads or graduate students from registered schools in the US.
- JustJobs - new scholarship program awards $2,000 three times annually to currently enrolled undergrads or graduate students from registered schools in the US