Center for Teaching Excellence Resources
Request for Travel Funds for Pedagogical Development Fall 2012.
The CTE has funding available each semester to support faculty to attend conferences, workshops, or other meetings whose focus is on teaching or pedagogical development. The goal is to provide funding to faculty who want to travel to these types of events, but who are not planning on giving a presentation at the meeting. The only requirement is that you are open to the possibility of sharing what you have learned with the Marist College community. The application form is available below. (Please see form for application deadline date.) The Fall semester application deadline is the 1st week in October and the Spring semester deadline is the 3rd week in February.
Teaching Mentoring Program
One way to develop teaching skills is to observe others, or to be observed by others, in the classroom. A list of campus-wide Teaching Mentors has been created, and they are available to all campus faculty - upon individual request - for the purpose of developing or sharing pedagogical techniques. The Faculty Mentors are:
Rose De Angelis
Any faculty member on campus can contact any one of the people on this list for pedagogical mentoring. The results of any observations/mentoring will be purely developmental in nature, and no formal written record will exist.
Teaching & Learning Practices
- Library Catalog
- Weimer, Maryellen. (2002). Learner-Centered Teaching. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Parini, Jay. (2005) The Art of Teaching. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Journals & Publications
Teaching & Learning Online
- Shank, Patti and Sitze, Amy. (2004) Making Sense of Online Learning: A Guide for Beginners and the Truly Skeptical. San Francisco: Pfeifer.
- Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks
- Sloan-C View: Perspectives in Quality Online Education
- The Journal of Educators Online
- American Journal of Distance Education
- Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration
- Journal of Distance Learning (New Zealand)
- The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning