Summer Pre-College Business Program
Session 1: The 2018 Session 1 programs will run July 1st - July 14th.
If you are interested in Business, this is a fantastic opportunity to earn college credits from Marist's AACSB-accredited* School of Management. The Princeton Review has also ranked Marist as having one of the nation's "Best 237 Business Schools". This course introduces students to the world of business and the practice of management. It is designed to be an interactive and lively experience that provides the student a basic understanding of organizations, managers, business, and themselves. Students will learn to see and analyze an organization as a complete and integrated system. We will cover the dynamic world of business, the nature of managerial work, the history of managerial thought, planning and decision making, organization structure and design, individual responsibility, and the nature of careers in today’s business environment. Students will be challenged to think critically and discuss the implications of organizational action.
* AACSB-International accreditation places Marist among the top 25% of business schools worldwide.
- Get a firm grasp on business foundations and how they interact
- Scrutinize the growing challenges the business field will encounter in the 21st Century
- Explore the advances in information technology
- Analyze the importance of globalization to U.S. firms
- Get a taste of the growing emphasis on business ethics
- Examine the expanding role entrepreneurial firms have in the marketplace
- Learn about the art of business firsthand from skilled and successful business professionals
No matter where or what you plan to study, the skills of entrepreneurial thinking taught in the Business Program will make your educational journey more of an adventure.
Upon successful completion of the Summer Pre-College Business Program, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course BUS 100, Introduction to Business and Management.Please see below for the 2018 Pre-College program costs. Cost includes tuition & fees, housing & all meals, field trips, and all course materials. Cost does not include travel expenses. Students may wish to bring funds for incidentals, shopping at the Marist Bookstore or the local mall, souvenirs, and any personal items they wish to purchase.