Marist Health Services (MHS)
MHS is staffed by physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, and clerical staff. Treatment (including evaluation, treatment, and monitoring of acute and chronic illness or injury) is available to full-time undergraduate students who pay the Health Services Fee assessed each semester with tuition and fees.
- There is no additional fee for MHS visits or common laboratory tests.
- Students are seen on an appointment basis 845-575-3270. Emergencies and walk-ins are triaged promptly and seen in order of severity.
- Resident students requiring after-hour care should notify the RA, RD or contact Marist College Safety and Security: x5555, 2282 or 845-471-1822.
- Care outside of MHS is not covered under the Health Services Fee; the cost of such care is the student's responsibility. All Students are advised to carry private health insurance. While specialty care in most fields is available in the Poughkeepsie area, not all practitioners participate with all insurance plans. If a student anticipates needing off campus care, it should be researched through your insurance carrier to identify "preferred providers" in our area. The provider can then be contacted directly.
- MHS does not perform routine physical exams, clearance for scuba classes, or employment physicals. TB testing (Mantoux, PPD) is available by appointment.
Student Center Building Room 352 (SC352)
Mailing Address: 3399 North Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Monday - Friday 8:30-7:00
Saturday - Sunday 12:00-5:00
845-575-3270 Phone 845-575-3275 Fax
Marist Health Services does not provide excuses for routine illnesses, injuries, and mental health problems that may lead to missed classes, labs, studios, exams, or deadlines. See the full excuse policy.
Absence of 4 days or longer
If a student has an illness or family emergency that will result in 4 or more days of absence, the student should contact individual professors as soon as possible, as well as the Center for Advising & Academic Services (CAAS)