Summer Sports Communication Institute
Offered Session 1: June 28th - July 11th, 2015
Do you stay up late writing for the sports section of your school paper? Are you a sports television junkie who wants to learn more about the networks you watch? If so, then consider attending Marist's Sports Communication Institute housed in Marist's highly-regarded School of Communication and the Arts - one of the only schools in the country to offer dedicated study in sports communication.
- Become well-versed in the foundations of this growing and exciting field
- Analyze the business strategies behind the games we watch and the websites we peruse
- Investigate how a story goes from idea to press
- Scrutinize the impact that sports media has on society
- Explore the role sports information and sports marketing have on attracting fans and corporate sponsors.
- Discover how new technologies influence sports media
- Experience the thrill of doing sports reporting and broadcasting under the supervision of skilled experts
- Learn firsthand from sports media professionals who will share their experiences
Upon successful completion of the Summer Sports Communication Institute, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course COM 160, Introduction to Sports Communication.