Summer Pre-College Admission
If you are interested in Business, this is a fantastic opportunity to earn college credits from Marist's AACSB-accredited* School of Management. The Princeton Review has also ranked Marist as having one of the nation's best business schools. This course introduces students to the world of business and the practice of management. It is designed to be an interactive and lively experience that provides the student with a basic understanding of organizations, managers, business, and themselves. Students will learn to see and analyze an organization as a complete and integrated system. We will cover the dynamic world of business, the nature of managerial work, the history of managerial thought, planning and decision making, organization structure and design, individual responsibility, and the nature of careers in today’s business environment. Students will be challenged to think critically and discuss the implications of organizational action.
* AACSB-International accreditation places Marist among the top 25% of business schools worldwide.
Welcome to Marist!
Marist College is a highly selective comprehensive liberal arts institution noted for its leadership in technology in and out of the classroom. When prospective students see Marist–our beautiful location on the Hudson River, top-notch facilities, the faculty attentiveness, and the sheer enjoyment of their experience here–they want to join our community. At Marist, students get a premium education, develop skills, make lifelong friends, and finish ahead of the competition for their next steps.
- Get a firm grasp on business foundations and how they interact
- Scrutinize the growing challenges the business field will encounter in the 21st Century
- Explore the advances in information technology
- Analyze the importance of globalization to U.S. firms
- Get a taste of the growing emphasis on business ethics
- Examine the expanding role entrepreneurial firms have in the marketplace
- Learn about the art of business firsthand from skilled and successful business professionals
No matter where or what you plan to study, the skills of entrepreneurial thinking taught in the Business Program will make your educational journey more of an adventure.
Marist Summer Pre-College is geared toward sophomores, juniors, and seniors in high school. Upon successful completion of the Business Program, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course BUS 100, Introduction to Business and Management.
Please see below for the 2019 Pre-College program costs. Cost includes tuition & fees, housing & all meals, field trips, and all course materials. Cost does not include travel expenses. Students may wish to bring funds for incidentals, shopping at the Marist Bookstore or the local mall, souvenirs, and any personal items they wish to purchase.
- New York Session 1 or Session 2, 3 college credits: $3,400
- New York Session 1 and Session 2, 6 college credits: $6,460
Session 1: The 2019 Session 1 programs will run June 30th - July 13th.