Summer Pre-College Admission
Do you stay up late writing for the sports section of your school paper? Are you a sports television junkie who wants to learn more about the networks you watch? If so, then consider attending Marist's Sports Communication Program housed in Marist's highly-regarded School of Communication and the Arts - one of the only schools in the country to offer dedicated study in sports communication.
Download the Sports Communication Pre-College program brochure and learn more.
- Become well-versed in the foundations of this growing and exciting field
- Analyze the business strategies behind the games we watch and the websites we peruse
- Investigate how a story goes from idea to press
- Scrutinize the impact that sports media has on society
- Explore the role sports information and sports marketing have on attracting fans and corporate sponsors.
- Discover how new technologies influence sports media
- Experience the thrill of doing sports reporting and broadcasting under the supervision of skilled experts
- Learn firsthand from sports media professionals who will share their experiences
Upon successful completion of the Summer Pre-College Sports Communication Program, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course COM 160, Introduction to Sports Communication.
Please see below for the 2018 Pre-College program costs. Cost includes tuition & fees, housing & all meals, field trips, and all course materials. Cost does not include travel expenses. Students may wish to bring funds for incidentals, shopping at the Marist Bookstore or the local mall, souvenirs, and any personal items they wish to purchase.