Summer Creative Writing Institute
Do you enjoy writing your own poetry, fiction and plays? Do you wish there was a place to work on your own writing and share ideas with other writers? If so, think about attending the Summer Creative Writing Institute at Marist College! Part of Marist's growing Creative Writing program housed in the School of Liberal Arts, the Summer Creative Writing Institute combines our highly-regarded Marist faculty with top visiting writers to present a unique experience for young writers eager to develop their own voice in poetry, fiction, or playwriting.
- Learn the terms and techniques associated with the craft of creative writing
- Develop and identify your own unique style and voice
- Build confidence and independence in your own craft
- Share writing ideas and strategies with your peers in a friendly workshop environment
- Sharpen your own critical reading and thinking
- Learn firsthand from a variety of writing professionals who will relate their own experiences
Upon successful completion of the Summer Creative Writing Institute, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course ENG 280, Introduction to Creative Writing.