Summer Game Institute
If you enjoy video games, why not design and create your own? You won't have to fuss with archaic programming languages. Instead you'll use state-of-the-art game-maker software that is both straightforward and yet is expansive and powerful. Students begin creating games, simple ones initially then increasingly sophisticated ones later. You'll learn how to create, test, and debug different types of exciting games such as scrolling shooters, maze games, platform games, and 3D parallax games. With this modern, user-friendly approach, in seemingly no time, you'll be well on your way to making real, viable video games that you can even share with your friends. No prior programming experience is required.
- Delve into the principles of particle systems to create fireworks
- Explore animated sprites
- Check out collision detection and scrollable backgrounds
- Analyze digital audio
- Appreciate special effects and real time input
- Find out more about the next generation of gaming from world-class professionals
- Create your own captivating video games
Upon successful completion of the Summer Game Institute, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course CMSC 190, Introduction to Gaming.