Earn a Degree in Fashion Design in Florence, Italy
Marist's four-year study abroad Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design begins with a history of fashion, developing techniques for fashion figure drawing, and discovering how to bring these designs to reality. Fashion Design students will learn a variety of fashion techniques including paper models, draping, sewing, embroidery, knitwear, printing, designing accessories, and more.
Marist's and LdM realize that the world of fashion is a highly competitive field, and offer undergraduate fashion design majors the chance to learn by working with faculty who are not only teachers but well connected fashion industry professionals. These teachers leverage their connections to help students enrolled as fashion design majors develop a broad understanding of all aspects of the fashion industry. Therefore, the Marist Florence, Italy study abroad Fashion Design Bachelor’s degree program allows undergraduate students to not only learn fashion design, but to also to meet all the challenges of working in the real fashion world. Fashion Design majors will learn to collaborate with photographers, find models, and organize publicity.
Why Earn A Fashion Design Bachelor’s Degree Studying Abroad in Italy
Marist's Florence, Italy Fashion Design Department is fully equipped for creative research; here you will find a library specifically focused on fashion and everything related to its research, in addition to a vast selection of printed resources available at the central library. While attending university, students have access to a sewing lab equipped with mannequins and industrial sewing machines for learning all the necessary techniques used in realizing designed items. And, of course, there is also our computer lab equipped with constantly updated software. Providing fashion design Bachelor’s degree students studying abroad on the Lorenzo de’ Medici campus in Florence, Italy with all of the tools needed to guarantee educational standards that will produce the highest level of future fashion professionals.
Careers For B.F.A. in Fashion Design Graduates
- Knit designer
- Woven fabric designer
- Print designer
Requirements for a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Fashion Design
- FASH 100 Introduction to the Fashion Industry/FAS100 Intro to Fashion Industry
- FASH 130 Fashion Figure Drawing/FAS 130 and FAS 131Fashion Figure Drawing
- FASH 140 Fashion Design I: Drawing and Color/FAS 160 Fashion Illustration I
- FASH 210 Design Studio Techniques/FAS 150 Design Sewing Techniques
- FASH 220 Apparel Development II/FAS 250 Draping 1
- FASH 230 Apparel Development I/FAS 180 Pattern Making I
- FASH 200 Textiles/ FAS 195 Textiles Science
- FASH 240 Fashion Design II: Presentation/FAS 245 Fashion Illustration II
- FASH 245 CAD I/FAS 200 Fashion Design Computer Principles
- FASH 300 Product Development/FAS 325 Product Development
- FASH 310 Apparel Development III/ FAS 410 Working Group Project in Fashion Des.
- FASH 381 History of 20th Century Fashion/FAS 305 History of Italian Fashion
- FASH 335 CAD II/FAS 335 Design Computer Principles II
- FASH 345 Fashion Design III: Studio/FAS 345 Fashion Design Workshop
- FASH 400 Fashion Employment Seminar/ FAS 415 Fashion Employment Seminar
- FASH 420 Senior Runway collection/FAS 330 Collection Development
- FASH 412 Portfolio/FAS 380 Portfolio in Fashion Design
- FASH 430 Runway Collection II/ FAS 400 Collection Production
Course Requirements (9 Credits)
- ART 160 History of Western Art I/ART 180 Art History I OR ART 180 History of Western Art II/ART 186 Art History II
- ART 281 History of Costume/FAS 285 History of Costume
- CSIS 103 Information & Computer Literacy
Core / Liberal Studies & Foundation Requirements (42-45 Credits)
Elective Course Requirements (16-19 Credits)
Total Requirement for Graduation (120 Credits)
Marist's Florence, Italy bachelor's degree in Fashion Design is based at the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM). Our B.F.A. in Fashion Design degree program is the only four-year U.S. bachelor degree program in Florence, Italy. University-level Fashion Design courses are taught in English by an international faculty. Contact us to learn whether the Marist B.P.S in Fashion Design degree study abroad program through the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici in Florence, Italy is right for you.