Advisor Change Form

Our goal is to help facilitate the optimal advising relationship for our students. Therefore, students may change their advisor assignment at any time. However, in order to keep advising loads evenly distributed, your request for a new academic advisor may require the signature of the faculty member in your major field who agrees to accept you as a new advisee. We will contact you if a signature is required. It is not necessary to submit this form if you are also completing a Change of Major Form. In most cases, students changing majors are automatically assigned to a faculty member in their major field of study, and students have the option of indicating a preference while declaring. Request Forms are processed on a rolling basis. We will change your assignment immediately, but be advised that it may take a week or two for your folder to be returned to our office and forwarded to your new advisor. Check the Student Services Website for your new advisor assignment.

We ask that you take a moment to share with us your reason for requesting this change. The information you provide will assist our office in planning and it will be held in the strictest of confidence.

Change of Advisor Request Form