Summer Pre-College Admission
Checklist - New York
Thank you for your interest in the Marist Summer Pre-College program in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Fill out the Online Pre-College Application. Space is limited, so apply today!
- Online application includes a short essay on why you are interested in the Marist Summer Pre-College Program.
- Official high school transcripts (with Pre-College Transcript Request Form).
- One (1) Pre-College Recommendation Form.
- Follow the directions in your acceptance packet to send in your Enrollment Deposit.
- Please submit your five required health forms, which should be completed online. The link to the health forms will be emailed to you.
Prior to Arrival
- Final payment is due no later than June 1st. Please follow the directions in your deposit confirmation.
- Please review the email sent from our Housing Office about arrival times and check-in schedule.
- Students MUST be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian at check-in (with the exception of students arriving via shuttle). If they are not available, please contact our Housing Office (845.575.3307) as soon as possible.
- Check out the Student Life Handbook for more information about housing and recommendations on what to bring. The guidelines provided in the handbook and supplemental materials are intended to promote group cohesiveness and foster an environment conducive to the student's success and well-being.
- Make sure to bring a photo ID with you. You will need to have that on you at all times.
- For students planning on flying into the New York City area, Marist will be providing a shuttle service to and from John F Kennedy International Airport. The Summer 2019 shuttle dates are as follows:
- Session 1 Shuttles: The shuttle will leave the airport Saturday, June 29th at 4:00 p.m. and will return student to the airport by 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 13th. In order to allocate enough time to go through security and get to your terminal, we recommend students book returning flights for no earlier than 4:00 p.m. on the 13th.
- Session 2 Shuttles: The shuttle will leave the airport Saturday, July 13th at 4:00 p.m. and will return student to the airport by 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 27th. In order to allocate enough time to go through security and get to your terminal, we recommend students book returning flights for no earlier than 4:00 p.m. on the 27th.
- Students arriving into other locations of the city may take public transportation to JFK and then take the shuttle to Marist.
- For more information or to make a reservation, please call 845.575.3226. The deadline to register for a spot on the shuttle is June 15th, 2019.
- If you plan on bringing a computer to campus, please make sure to check out the Information Technology Information Sheet to ensure you will be able to access the internet when you arrive.