General Information About Graduate and Professional School
Mark your calendars for the Graduate School Fora, Wednesday, October 28, and Thursday, October 29, 3-6 p.m. both days. Student Center Rooms 3102-3105
These two days will provide a venue for graduate school representatives to speak to Marist undergraduates about the opportunities for advanced study offered by their institutions.
Wednesday, October 28, 2015, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Scope: traditional Liberal Arts, Behavioral Sciences and Law, plus the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields
Graduate programs on campus this day reflect majors housed in our School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, the School of Liberal Arts, and the School of Science. Liberal Arts majors include English, Modern Languages, History, Philosophy and Religious Studies, and Political Science. The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences offers majors in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Social Work and Teacher Education. Law programs and graduate studies in Economics are also included on this day. The Marist School of Science includes Athletic Training, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology Education, Biomedical Sciences (pre-med program), Chemistry, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, and Medical Technology. Advanced study in Mathematics is also included on this program.
Thursday, October 29, 2015, 3:00 p.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
Scope: Business/Computer Science/Digital Media/Marketing/Public Relations
This day includes major fields of study within our School of Management, School of Computer Science and Mathematics, and the School of Communication and the Arts. Specifically, the School of Communication and the Arts houses majors in Digital Media, Studio Art, Art History, Media Studies and Production, Advertising, Public Relations, Sports Communication, Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising. Majors in the School of Computer Science and Mathematics include Computer Science and Information Technology and Systems. The School of Management offers majors in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and International Business.
- Approaching the Graduate School Decision: the Calendar and Considerations Involved.
- About Grad Schools.com offers up to date articles that address the issues surrounding decision-making, exploration, application procedures and other helpful topics for those interested in applying to or attending graduate school.
- Educational Testing Service and the GRE: Tips, practice exams and exam registration
- Graduate Management Admission Council: Every thing you need to know about the MBA
- Association of American Medical Colleges: Information about Medical Schools and how to navigate the process of applying.
- Law School Admissions Council Links to Law Schools, rankings, resources and general information
- The Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement: Joe Schall's online guide to writing the application essay
- PhDs.org: Allows you to sort and rank master's and doctoral programs based on different characteristics