Students should complete the Student Information Change Form on myMarist in the Student Tab. The form is located under Popular Links. Complete the sections "Chosen Name" and "Pronouns" to make an update. If other information remains the same, such as your address, you can leave these sections blank or indicate "no change." A completed copy of the form should be emailed to the Registrar's Office (Registrar@marist.edu).
Faculty and Staff
Employees should complete the Employee Information Change Form on myMarist in the Forms section on the HR Tab. The form is located under General Forms. If other information remains the same on the form, such as your address, you can leave these sections blank or inidicate "no change." A completed copy of the form should be emailed (Human.Resources@marist.edu) or faxed (845-575-3348) to the Office of Human Resources.
Please allow seven business days for these updates to be processed.
Your Chosen Name, once processed, will be available on your Campus-wide identification card. You may go to the Marist Card Office and turn in your existing ID card and have a new card printed with your Chosen Name on it.
In addition, the following services will show your Chosen Name:
- myMail (Email)
- Note: To have your email address changed to reflect your Chosen Name, you must contact the Help Desk by email (HelpDesk@marist.edu) or phone (845-575-4357) to initiate the process.
- myMarist Directory
Last Updated: 11/21/2022
You will not see your Chosen Name in the following locations where your legal first name must always be used:
- Academic Transcript (official)
- Degree Verification
- Employment Verification
- Enrollment Verification
- Federal and State Agency Reporting
- Financial Aid
- Health Records
- Human Resources Benefit Information
- Paycheck and W2
- SEVIS (Immigration Status Reporting)
- Student Accounts
You may manually change your name in Zoom from your desktop client before a meeting.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Click Profile, then Edit My Profile. A new web browser window will appear, directing you to sign in with your Marist Account. This will then bring you to the Zoom web portal.
- Edit your profile in the Zoom web portal.
You may also change your name once you have entered a Zoom meeting, as long as the meeting you are in allows participants to rename themselves.
- Join the Zoom meeting.
- Select Participants.
- Hover over your name, then click the 3 dots (...).
- Click Rename. A pop-up box will appear. In the pop-up box, enter the name you wish to have displayed.
- Click Change.
If you have any other questions about editing your name in Zoom, please see this article from Zoom Support.