The purpose of the Virtual Private Network (VPN) is to provide a secure connection when connecting the Marist network from off-campus. If you're connecting from off-campus, you must first be fully connected to the Internet via your ISP first.
- Current status as faculty, staff, special contract employee, or student of Marist College.
- One of the following:
- PC running Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- Mac running OS X 10.6 or higher
- PC running Linux
- An Apple iOS device (iPhone/iPod touch/iPad) running firmware version 2.x or higher
- The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility VPN client available for download below
Connect to v1.marist.edu
Select your group (profile) and enter your credentials.
Login and accept the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- The AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client will start to install.
Java issues connecting to v1.marist.edu
We have discovered that a recently released security patch from Microsoft will prevent the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client from launching properly on computers running Microsoft Windows 8.1. When you launch AnyConnect a Failed to initialize connection subsystem error will be displayed. This problem only affects non-Marist computers running Windows 8.1 that have patch MS15-009 applied via Windows Update. This patch was released on 2/10/2015. As a workaround, Microsoft has provided a "Fix it" for this, which is available at https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3023607 along with a detailed explanation of the problem. Please note that there are two "Fix its" on this page; you need to install the one under "Enable this Fix it" - Microsoft Fix it 51033.
The "Fix it" itself can be downloaded and run from http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9876036. Simply download the file, run it, and follow the on screen prompts to install the patch.