The purpose of the Virtual Private Network (VPN) is to provide a secure connection when connecting to the Marist network from off-campus. If you're connecting from off-campus, you must first be fully connected to the Internet via your ISP first. VPN access is available to all Staff, Faculty and Students by default.
If you require assistance with the VPN please email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-575-4357.
VPN Software Requirements:
- Current status as faculty, staff, special contract employee, or student of Marist College.
- One of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and current Microsoft supported versions of Windows 10 x86(32-bit) and x64(64-bit)
- macOS 10.13, 10.14, and 10.15
- Linux Red Hat 6, 7 & Ubuntu 16.04 (LTS) and 18.04 (LTS)
Installing the VPN Client:
There are two ways to install the VPN software:
- Visit v1.marist.edu to download and install.
- Select the approprite group
- Enter your Marist/My Mail credentials
- You will be prompted to install the VPN client
- Manually download and install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client using the links below:
Connecting to the VPN
Launch the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
Enter v1.marist.edu in the box and click the "Connect" button
By default, 1.General_Usage profile is selected.
- Login using your Marist/My Mail credentials
- Read/accept the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- Once connected, the box will update to show that the VPN is connected. To disconnect from the Marist network, press the "Disconnect" button.