Creating an AKO Account for Contracted Cadets
Updated Instructions: March 2012
- Go to www.us.army.mil
- Click "Register Without A CAC”
- Enter Social Security Number, Click "Enter"
- Enter Date of Birth in this format: MM/DD/YEAR
- Enter Exact Contracting Date in Pay Entry Date (PEBD) field in same format as above, Click "Next"
- The screen should display your name, Click "Next"
- Next screen will ask you to verify your external email address, Click "Next"
- Fill in the below information:
Organization: Fordham University AROTCOrganization Street Address: 441 East Fordham Road, FMH 130Organization City: BronxOrganization State: NYOrganization Zip Code: 10458Phone Number: (718) 817-4875Your Cell Phone Number and ProviderClick "Next"
- Create a Password, Click "Next"
Ensure that the password you create is a minimum of 10 characters containing a minimum of: 2 capital letters, 2 lower case letters, 2 numbers, 2 special symbols, and 2 additional characters of any varietyBe sure to write down your user name and password and store in a safe place. Click Next.
- You will select a series of password questions. Click "Next" / "Finish"
- Log in to AKO using your designated user name and the password you selected
- You will be required to select 15 security questions and answers that are required for all Non-CAC users to prevent identity theft. Click "Next" / "Finish"
- Log in to AKO again, confirm the consent to monitoring notice, and enter your password, and click “I Agree”
- You will be logged in to AKO. If you experience problems, contact the help desk
- Once your account is activated, use your AKO email to email the ROO at email@example.com, email your MS Instructor, and the OPS NCO at firstname.lastname@example.org