Quarantine Details for Students Quarantining in Conklin Hall
Quarantine details for students quarantining in Conklin Hall if Conklin Hall is not their spring housing assignment.
February 6, 2021—Thank you for informing our office that you will be quarantining in Conklin Hall in advance of the Spring 2021 semester. Please note, Conklin Hall is your temporary quarantine housing assignment. Once your quarantine period is complete, you will be permitted to move into your assigned spring residence hall. As your arrival date approaches, we wanted to provide you with some additional details and reminders to ensure a safe return to Marist and successful Spring semester.
Below is a checklist of items you must complete prior to your arrival to Conklin Hall. Visit marist.edu/reopen/checklist for additional details on the items listed below:
- Confirm your arrival date and location
- Upload pre-arrival PCR test results no later than 48 hours prior to arrival
- Upload documentation of flu vaccine
- Update and confirm personal cell phone number using the Banner Self-Service form
- Register for arrival testing. For more details on arrival testing, visit marist.edu/reopen/arrival-testing
- Sign Quarantine Housing Agreement Online (ilearn.marist.edu/portal/site/housing)
Upon your arrival on the Marist campus for your quarantine start date, you must complete the following tasks:
- Drop off any personal belongings not needed for quarantine, and pick up linens and personal items needed for 10-day quarantine at your spring housing assignment
- Check in at the Donnelly lobby between 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. Students arriving outside of this time window should contact The Office of Safety & Security (845-471-1822), to connect with the Resident Director on duty
- Complete arrival testing at Allied Health building
During your 10-day quarantine, you will need to be tested on your eighth day, which is dependent upon your assigned move-in date. The Day 8 test results will determine whether or not you may leave quarantine after the completion of the 10th day. Students can pre-register for Day 8 testing, which will take place from February 19-22 through IMLeagues.com.
The cost to quarantine in Marist Housing is $100 per week, with an additional daily charge of $21 for dining. If you have special dietary needs, please e-mail Taylor Milliken, Administrative Coordinator for Student Affairs, at Taylor.Milliken@Marist.edu stating your circumstances no later than Tuesday, February 9, at noon. Once this information is received, it will be forwarded to our dining service provider.
Consistent with the Fall semester, Marist has made CARES Act funding (marist.edu/cares-act) available to assist eligible students with quarantine expenses. If you have questions about the CARES Act, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (845) 575-3230.
In order to protect the health and safety of the entire Marist community, there will be no exceptions to testing protocols, including pre-arrival testing requirements. Students who have not uploaded pre-arrival testing results will not be permitted to move into residence halls and take in-person classes until test results are submitted. These students will access their classes remotely from an off-campus location in the interim. Test results can be uploaded to marist.medicatconnect.com. It typically takes 24-48 hours from the time you upload test results to receive a "cleared to come to campus" indication in your student portal in MyMarist.
The College will continue to update the reopening section of the website (marist.edu/reopen) with information related to Spring 2021 reopening as it becomes available. As always, information about COVID-19 cases related to the College is available on our dashboard (marist.edu/reopen/dashboard), which is updated daily, generally by 5:00 pm. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling our hotline at (845) 575-4100.
Marist Office of Housing & Residential Life