Quarantine Details for Students Quarantining Off-Campus
Quarantine details for students quarantining off-campus.
February 6, 2021—Thank you for informing our office that you will be quarantining off-campus in advance of the Spring 2021 semester. Once your off-campus quarantine period is complete, you will be permitted to move into your assigned spring residence hall. As your move-in date approaches, we wanted to provide you with some additional details and reminders to ensure a safe return to Marist and successful Spring semester.
Below is a checklist of items you must complete during your off-campus quarantine, prior to your on-campus arrival. Visit marist.edu/reopen/checklist for additional details on the items listed below:
- Upload pre-arrival PCR test results no later than 48 hours prior to arrival
- Upload documentation of flu vaccine
- Update and confirm personal cell phone number using the Banner Self-Service form
- Sign mandatory quarantine attestation online (ilearn.marist.edu/portal/site/quarantine)
- Day 8 testing: During your 10-day quarantine, you will need to be tested on your eighth day, which is dependent upon your quarantine start date. The Day 8 test results will determine whether or not you may leave quarantine after the completion of the 10th day. Students are responsible for obtaining a Day 8 test from a non-Marist location, and are required to upload Day 8 Test results to Marist Health Services at marist.medicatconnect.com and label it "Day 8 Test."
When your quarantine period is complete, you can access campus in accordance with our phased move-in schedule, and will begin routine surveillance testing.
- First Year Students Move-In Schedule: marist.edu/documents/20182/2236221/First+Year+Move+In/2b046712-4015-4992-9c3b-4b3c4fae72c4
- Upper Class Students Move-In Schedule: marist.edu/documents/20182/2236221/Upperclassmen+Move+In/87a78025-194b-428f-80fb-aeb8f066bad1
As a reminder, Marist has made CARES Act funding (marist.edu/cares-act) available to assist students with quarantine expenses. If you have questions about the CARES Act, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com, or (845) 575-3230.
In order to protect the health and safety of the entire Marist community, there will be no exceptions to the pre-arrival testing requirement. Students who have not uploaded pre-arrival testing results will not be permitted to move into residence halls and take in-person classes until test results are submitted. These students will access their classes remotely from an off-campus location in the interim. Test results can be uploaded to marist.medicatconnect.com. It typically takes 24-48 hours from the time you upload test results to receive a "cleared to come to campus" indication in your student portal in MyMarist.
The College will continue to update the reopening section of the website (marist.edu/reopen) with information related to Spring 2021 reopening as it becomes available. As always, information about COVID-19 cases related to the College is available on our dashboard (marist.edu/reopen/dashboard), which is updated daily, generally by 5:00 pm. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our hotline at (845) 575-4100.
Marist Office of Housing & Residential Life