Institutional Review Board
Preparing a Proposal
When preparing an initial proposal, please complete the applicable steps below.
Note that not all of these steps are required for each project.
- Determine who will be the Principal Investigator (PI). To qualify as a Principal Investigator, individuals must have a Marist appointment and be working within the scope of that appointment in performing the research. In special circumstances the Marist IRB Chairperson will approve the review of research conducted by researchers not affiliated with College
- All study team members must complete the CITI online ethics training modules
- If you are collaborating with another institution, please see additional instructions
- Make the initial determination of the type of proposal.
- Download and complete the Marist IRB form. you need more space than the study team table provides, please complete and submit the additional study team members table.
- Informed Consent document(s) and/or statement
- Additional documents typically required for review
- Recruitment Materials
- Test Instruments (e.g. questionnaires, surveys, interview guides, focus group guides, etc.)
Additional steps when applicable:
- Collaboration Agreements: Including (single IRB-of-Record (sIRB) authorization agreement (a.k.a. reliance agreement)
- Complete forms or requirements related to vulnerable populations and others requiring additional safe
- Complete forms related to Biological Materials or Radiation Safety
- If you are proposing research that involves a drug, biologic, dietary supplement, food, or medical device, please incorporate the relevant sections of the FDA supplement into the primary protocol template.
Read instructions carefully and complete all relevant sections of the Marist IRB submission Form.
Collapse all documents into a single .pdf document before submitting for review.
Submitting a Proposal
When all component of your IRB submission is complete, collapse all documents into a single .pdf document and send as an email attachment to Erik.Moody@marist.edu. An email will be sent to the submitter when the review is complete.