Information for Students
The Campus / Community Coalition and local Colleges believe you should get all you can out of your college experience. All the choices you make in some small way affect your future. The Coalition is here to give you information and resources to help you make responsible decisions about alcohol consumption on campus and in the community.
Local Colleges Alcohol-Drug Policies that Apply to You!
- Marist College
New York Alcohol-Related Policies that Apply to You!
Drinking Driving Laws
Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws
- A DWAI (Driving While Ability Impaired) conviction may result in a fine no less than $300 or greater than $500 or imprisonment for 15 days, or both
- A DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) conviction may result in a fine no less than $500 and no greater than $1000 or 1 year in prison, or both
- A Driving While Ability Impaired By Drug conviction may result in a fine no less than $500 and no greater than $1000, or 1 year in prison, or both
Fake IDs (courtesy of Marist College)
Individuals found responsible for using a Fake ID may face the following criminal penalties:
- Forgery in the 3rd degree: completing an ID card w/false DOB w/intent to defraud (up to 1 yr. in prison and $1000 fine) and
- Forgery in the 2nd degree: altering a NYS driver's license (7 years in prison and $5000 fine) and
- Criminal impersonation in the 2nd degree: using another person's license or other ID assuming their identity (up to 1 year in prison and $1000 fine)